Videos of League Events
Videos of League events
Videotapes of past events sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Santa Cruz County.
NEW: Make It Fair Ballot Measure Proposal
- Make It Fair - Prop 13 Reform, Helen Hutchison, League of Women Voters of California president, explains the proposed ballot initiative that will fairly assess commercial property while continuing protections for homeowners, agricultural land, renters, and small business at a February 2018 meeting in Scotts Valley, CA.
- Juvenile Justice: Balancing the Scales, November 4, 2017. A panel discusses juvenile justice in Santa Cruz County: how best practices have changed in the last 20 years, decreasing ethnic disparity and increasing equity through policy changes, and youth and gang violence prevention efforts on November 4, 2017. Panelists include moderator Sarah Emmert, director of community organizing at United Way of Santa Cruz County; Fernando Giraldo, Santa Cruz County probation chief; Julie Burr, Youth Violence Prevention Task coordinator; Irene O'Connell, program manager for FoodWhat; and two youth representatives. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Santa Cruz County and United Way of Santa Cruz County.
- Video of Dr. William Morris, Medical Director of the Janus Community Clinic, speaking at the SafeRX community event October 1, 2017 about opioid safety and how individuals who are negatively affected by opioid use can improve their outcomes. Presentation images.
- Video of Narcan kit training: Opioid overdose recognition and response. Presentation images.
- Santa Cruz Public Libraries in the 21st Century, a presentation by Susan Nemitz, Director of Santa Cruz Public Libraries, June 10, 2017.
- Understanding Substance Use Disorders, April 20, 2017 The video of a presentation about how the Talk About It campaign fosters an informed and compassionate county-wide response to substance use disorders. Printable information sheets:
1. Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders
2. A Look at Drug and Alcohol Use in Our Community
3. Overview and List of Resources
- Climate Change and Sea Level Rise: A presentation by Ross Clark, Director of the Central Coast Wetlands Group, March 18, 2017.
The video presentation
The digital slide presentation
- Women in Politics: keynote speakers at Annual Meeting, June 5, 2016
- Money in Politics: reigning in the influence of dark money in elections, May 17, 2016
- Celebrating Lilly Ledbetter and the Battle for Equal Pay, April 12, 2016
- Affordable Housing in Santa Cruz County, March 23, 2016
- Assembly Member Mark Stone: Legislative Reforms and Political Power Shifts in Sacramento, February 21, 2016
- Our Changing Climate and the California Coast, January 10, 2016
- Drug and Alcohol Forum, May 5, 2015
- John Laird, State Secretary of Natural Resources, keynote speaker at the Santa Cruz League's 50th Anniversary Celebration, February 22, 2015