Videos of League Events
Videos of League events
Videotapes of past events sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Santa Cruz County.
- Robin Musitelli, retired political analyst and journalist, talks about her career and the intersection between community reporting and democracy, September 22, 2018.
- Carlos Palacios, CAO, on Vision Santa Cruz County, Santa Cruz County Administrative Officer Carlos Palacios speaks about Vision Santa Cruz County, the county's first-ever strategic planning process to establish a defined vision and mission for county government, at the League of Women Voters of Santa Cruz County's annual meeting, June 9, 2018.
- A Voter's Guide to News Sources, Geek Speak host Lyle Troxell discusses bias in the media and how a handful of mega-corporations have come to own 90% of US news and entertainment media, April 14, 2018.
- Make It Fair - Prop 13 Reform, Helen Hutchison, League of Women Voters of California president, explains the proposed ballot initiative that will fairly assess commercial property while continuing protections for homeowners, agricultural land, renters, and small business at a meeting in Scotts Valley, CA, February 10, 2018.
- Juvenile Justice: Balancing the Scales, November 4, 2017. A panel discusses juvenile justice in Santa Cruz County: how best practices have changed in the last 20 years, decreasing ethnic disparity and increasing equity through policy changes, and youth and gang violence prevention efforts on November 4, 2017. Panelists include moderator Sarah Emmert, director of community organizing at United Way of Santa Cruz County; Fernando Giraldo, Santa Cruz County probation chief; Julie Burr, Youth Violence Prevention Task coordinator; Irene O'Connell, program manager for FoodWhat; and two youth representatives. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Santa Cruz County and United Way of Santa Cruz County.
- Video of Dr. William Morris, Medical Director of the Janus Community Clinic, speaking at the SafeRX community event October 1, 2017 about opioid safety and how individuals who are negatively affected by opioid use can improve their outcomes. Presentation images.
- Video of Narcan kit training: Opioid overdose recognition and response. Presentation images.
- Santa Cruz Public Libraries in the 21st Century, a presentation by Susan Nemitz, Director of Santa Cruz Public Libraries, June 10, 2017.
- Understanding Substance Use Disorders, April 20, 2017 The video of a presentation about how the Talk About It campaign fosters an informed and compassionate county-wide response to substance use disorders. Printable information sheets:
1. Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders
2. A Look at Drug and Alcohol Use in Our Community
3. Overview and List of Resources
- Climate Change and Sea Level Rise: A presentation by Ross Clark, Director of the Central Coast Wetlands Group, March 18, 2017.
The video presentation
The digital slide presentation
To view videos from prior fiscal years, please use the link below.
Past Fiscal Years Videos